Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Stupid Questions with Lucy:
Adverbs are Cool Edition Featuring Morticia Knight





My fellow Totally Bound author Morticia Knight is here to kick off October's Stupid Questions in a most appropriate way, considering her name.

We all do, Morticia. We all do.

On to the interview--it's fabulous, darlings!

1. If you could have one otherworldly alien ability or body part, what would it be and why?

My natural instinct is to go for the body part – but I’m concerned about what that might look like on an alien – so I suppose I’ll choose ability.

Let’s see, anal probing is tempting, but...I want to be able to mysteriously transport humans into my ominously quiet spaceship that magically appears out of nowhere to ruthlessly snatch innocents from their peacefully quiet existence. Not really. I just wanted to see how many adverbs I could use in one sentence.

[Editorial note:  We are very PRO-adverb here; welcome to one of us!]

2. What Smurf would you be? (You can't pick an existing one, like Brainy or Lazy.)

Dammit. Lazy would have been PERFECT. Okay, in that case, I’ll be Wealthy. No, that doesn’t work either, I can’t stop laughing. How about Sleepy? Oh wait, isn’t that a dwarf? I guess I’ll just have to settle for Hottie.

3. Do you think the aliens who inevitably enslave the human race will treat us well or eat us?

Is this a sex question? If so...oh, never mind. Since with my luck I’d probably be first in line to become a Morticia casserole, I should probably plan now on how to make myself taste really gross. If anyone has access to any X Files, I’d really appreciate some information on what it is that aliens don’t like to eat, then I’ll roll around in it a lot.

3A. Follow up: What will you do to distinguish yourself to our benevolent overlords so that they don't destroy you with their acid flatulence?

Oh boy, that’s a tough one. I still haven’t figured out how to do that while co-existing with my gaseous roommate. *peers over shoulder to make sure he’s not spying on me* Again, those X-Files would really be appreciated. I know most romance readers work for the government, so it would make perfect, logical sense that one of you has some secret alien knowledge. I’ll pay you in e-books. And chocolate.

4. What's the best way to foil a ghost? A smart one, not one of those dumbasses in a sheet.

I’ve always found that pointing over their shoulders and yelling “What’s that?” before running like hell works every time. They’re super gullible. That’s why when you pull the covers over your head they go away because they can’t see you.

5. If you could slap the shit outta one beloved historical figure, who would it be and why?

Shakespeare. Because of him, I had to sit through an entire semester dissecting why Macbeth did this and Macduff did that. Bla bla bla. I had teenage boys to chase and all those critical essays really cramped my style.

6. Cake or pie? And, if you said pie, why are you so happy to be wrong?​

And why can’t I pick both? Usually its cake one day then pie the next – alternating every Sunday. Unless it’s a special occasion (such as returning my books to the library) then I celebrate by having both in the same day.




ALL FIRED UP by Morticia Knight


Officer Shawn Everly patrols the Strip and one night, fireman Trent Marshall saves him when danger strikes. But it’s still uncertain whether Trent can save himself from getting his heart broken by Shawn.

The party never ends on the Las Vegas strip but neither does the danger. Officer Everly is new to the beat, having recently relocated to Vegas from Los Angeles. Foot patrol on the Strip is a demanding assignment because he’s up close and personal with the public. But what he’d really like to do is get up close and personal with Station 32’s hunky fireman, Trent Marshall.

Trent has been a fireman for over ten years and is dedicated to his job. He’s built tough and is a no- nonsense man of few words. At a local blood drive, Trent meets the handsome new officer on foot patrol but won’t let himself get too close. He’s lost love before when his policeman lover was killed in the line of fire.

During an emergency, Trent’s over-protective instincts kick in when he believes Shawn is in harm’s way. He ends up embarrassing and angering Shawn in front of their fellow officers, which seems as though it will end any hope of Trent having a chance with the young man he can’t push from his mind. Shawn can’t decide whether he wants to punch or kiss Trent. Kissing wins. Once they spend some time together away from the stresses of their jobs, they find that they’re not just compatible—they’re combustible.

But Trent can’t seem to accept that there are hazards that come with working in law enforcement. Right as they’re discovering how much they mean to one another, the danger escalates on the Strip. The underground vigilante group, The Citizens Against Immorality, have raised the stakes. Will Shawn and Trent be their next targets? 

Available now at Totally Bound and everywhere October 3rd: https://www.totallybound.com/all-fired-up

No comments:

Post a Comment