Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy to Give Thanks

Happy thanksgiving to all my American friends, and anyone else celebrating the holiday.

On Monday of this week I got laid off from my day job, so I'm looking forward to drowning my sorrows in turkey gravy and pumpkin pie. But not together. That's gross.

BUT! I have so much to be thankful for that I'm not gonna let some &^&%$#@-ey corporate persons ruin my happy day.

REASONS TO GIVE THANKS:

  • My beautiful husband, who came home on my firing day and said, "Look on the bright side. In a month you never have to look at those jackwads again!" The truth will set me free.
  • My wonderful family, who immediately offered to perform evil acts upon my fire-ers. Which I turned down. Ahem. I did!
  • My cat, who threw up in honor of my emo feelings.
  • The roof over my head, the food on my table.
  • The glorious California weather.
  • My blankie, who is always there for me.

I pray you have many, many reasons to give thanks today and every day. God (and the employment fairy) bless us, every one.

PS: You know, if you're reading this thinking "Oh, no! Lucy lost her job!" feel free to buy a copy of my book RAGNAR AND JULIET. Read the opening chapter first (see links at the top of the page) to make sure you'll like it before you spend your cashola. XO

No comments:

Post a Comment