Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Stupid Questions with Lucy:
Anal-Retentive Edition Featuring Jessi Gage



 

Up at bat for my silly questions today is romance author Jessi Gage, a lovely lady indeed and a great friend.  See, ain't she the cutest?


1.  If you could have one otherworldly alien ability or body part, what would it be and why?


If I could stop time, I would be golden. I would love an extra ten hours in every day. Just for me. I would use it to read. Yup. That would be awesome.


2.  What Smurf would you be?


I would be Anal Retentive Smurf.


3.  Do you think the aliens who inevitably enslave the human race will treat us well or eat us?


I’m hoping they’ll be like the Kindred in Evangeline Anderson’s sexy Sci-Fi series. I think they will want to make us all their unwilling brides, and they will spend an entire week courting us and chipping away at our resolve with tender caresses and thoughtful dirty-talk.


3A.  Follow up:  What will you do to distinguish yourself to our benevolent overlords so that they don't destroy you with their acid flatulence?


I will distinguish myself by being the willing one.


4.  What's the best way to foil a ghost?  A smart one, not one of those dumbasses in a sheet.


Funny you should ask. This is actually the main conflict in my new release, Jade’s Spirit. A stripper on the run and a virginal lawn guy have to put their heads together to fight a ghost with a sexy agenda. It’s kind of a mashup of romance, inspy, and horror. You’ll have to read it to get my answer to this one *winks* But I’ll give a hint. Foiling a ghost might require you to get over any fear of commitment you might have…


5.  If you could slap the shit outta one beloved historical figure, who would it be and why?


Does it have to be a real historical character? Because at the moment, I would love to smack the shit out of Black Jack John Randall in Outlander. But knowing that sadistic bastard, he would probably like it.


6.  Cake or pie?  And, if you said pie, why are you so happy to be wrong?​


I don’t like cake. *sticks tongue out like Mr. Yuck* I’ll eat it to be polite, but I much prefer pie. Cherry is my favorite. My mom’s apple pie is a close second. Chocolate crème pie is great for pregnancy cravings. Pecan and pumpkin are perfect for autumn. I could go on, but I suddenly find myself needing to run to the grocery store for ingredients.


Thanks so much for having me, Lucy! You always make me laugh!

[Editorial note:  Thanks, Jessi!  I like you, too--despite your pie penchant *Mr. Yuck face*.]


 



JADE'S SPIRIT blurb:


When exotic dancer Jade seeks refuge from an abusive boyfriend in her grandmother’s aging Victorian home, she finds she’s not the only houseguest. A dream-invading incubus has taken up residence, and it wants Jade’s soul. Fortunately, a flirtatious lawn-care provider has a trick or two up his sleeve for dealing with hauntings. And he has definite rebound-guy potential—if only he would stop inviting her to church. 

The virginity vow Emmett "the lawn guy" Herald took when he was seventeen has become legendary in Dover, Vermont. Ten years later, everyone is waiting to see if he’ll blow a decade of “waiting for marriage” now that he’s dating the new girl from the big city. Even Emmett thinks he has met his match in the vivacious Boston beauty. In fact, he’s starting to think virginity may be overrated.
A spark of attraction ignites between Jade and Emmett, and quickly grows into a roaring inferno. But with a demon fanning the flames, attraction has never been so perilous.





No comments:

Post a Comment