Thursday, August 21, 2014

"Maybe your weird is my normal":
Nicki Minaj Appreciation Post


I'm not a person who is cool and hip with the youth music. As per that last sentence. But I am starting to really love Nicki Minaj as a smart, amazing, feminist, ovary-licious artist.

So here are some amazeballs Nicki Minaj quotes, followed by "Starships."  Starships are meant to fly!



When you're a girl, you have to be everything, You have to be dope at what you do, but you have to be super sweet, and you have to be sexy, and you have to be this and you have to be that and you have to be nice, and you have to - it's like, I can't be all of those things at once. I'm a human being.



My advice to women in general: Even if you're doing a nine-to-five job, treat yourself like a boss. Not arrogant, but be sure of what you want - and don't allow people to run anything for you without your knowledge.



Maybe your weird is my normal. Who's to say?



I don't agree that everyone should agree with everyone's lifestyle. I think that some people aren't going to agree, but I think that when you're mean and when you ridicule people it's a sign of your own insecurities.



As a little girl growing up in Southside Jamaica Queens, if anyone would've told me I'd have my own perfume one day, and be able to inspire young black girls everywhere, to go into Macy's or Nordstrom's and see their face staring back at them - I wouldn't believe them.



I don't mind being called a weirdo. There are a lot of people in hip-hop who are probably never going to get what I do. But, by just being myself, I end up touching a lot more people who might never have paid much attention to a female rapper.





No comments:

Post a Comment