Thursday, August 7, 2014

Mornings with Lucy

1. Husband and I have been trying to socialize our oldster cat a little more lately.  She’d gotten in the habit of crawling in a closet and sleeping every evening, and we’re chill parents, so we let her do her thing.  But she’s gotten a little crotchety and needy, so we’re grabbing her up now and making an effort to cuddle instead of letting her sulk weirdly like Gollum in the corner.  It’s kinda working, so that’s good.

This morning I picked her up when I came downstairs and carried her to where husband was on the couch, and we had a group cuddle.  PERFECT way to start the day, until she got annoyed and wanted to leave.  So we let her and cuddled by our human selves.  Not two minutes later, she comes back and stares mournfully at us.  Husband says, “See what you’re missing, Miss Pissy?”  I think she learned her lesson.

2. Husband told me that I didn’t know all the words to the “Everything is Awesome” song from The Lego Movie.  He was proven wrong, much to everyone’s chagrin.  Yes, I did a dance, too.  I wonder how many times a day he regrets marrying Leslie Knope?

3. It’s a Mariah Carey morning—old-school Mariah.  She makes me so happy, and it reminds me of the last time I got laid off.  They kept us on for a month after they canned me and another woman (the highest paid, what).  So for the entire last month before my demise, I blasted my Mariah Carey mix, on repeat, every. single. day.  The more disgruntled looks I got, the louder I sang with joy in my heart.  Fuck yo office. Fuck yo couch!



No comments:

Post a Comment